Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I was accused of stealing from Publix and I went to court and

Customer Question

I was accused of stealing from Publix and I went to court and my case was dismissed. I was banned from that Publix and humiliated by not only the Publix manager but also one of the cops that arrested me. Can I sue? I've been having nightmares since and unable to sleep until last night after the Judge dismissed my case, realizing that I was innocent.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.1) How much time did you spend in jail?2) Were you found not guilty at trial or were the charges dismissed by the prosecutor or the judge and on what legal basis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My reputation has been tarnished and my case was dismissed. The pain is real and just the fact that I was wrongly arrested even affected my physical and mental health. I would like to sue them for defamation of character
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My case was dismissed both by the prosecutor and the judge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are you there?
Please provide me with the information requested below:1) How much time did you spend in jail?2) Were you found not guilty at trial or were the charges dismissed by the prosecutor or the judge and on what legal basis? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already wrote my answer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello?
Unfortunately, I do not have sufficient details to answer your question, so I will opt out of your question at no charge to you and will open your question up to other JustAnswer.com legal professionals. I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank you