How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marsha411JD Your Own Question
Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 20401
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Marsha411JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My stepson had me arrested battery him. I have no criminal record

Customer Question

My stepson had me arrested for domestic battery for pushing him. I have no criminal record. He had no injuries. Do I need to get a lawyer. Would the public defender be ok? he is 19 years old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for the information and your question. If you cannot afford an attorney and can qualify for a public defender, then usually, unless they are just too overloaded, they would be able to handle your case properly. If you don't qualify, or you feel they are not responsive, then you definitely want an attorney to handle your case. They will be able to perhaps get the charges dismissed or if the facts are not favorable, negotiate a deferred prosecution or lesser charge.Please feel free to ask for clarification. However, I will be away from my office for a bit so there might be a delay in getting back to you.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 2nd. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (in the pop up box for this question, which is how we get credit (paid) for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.
In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at:
Thank you.