Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I live in San Antonio, Tx and I was convicted of welfare fraud…

Customer Question
I live in San Antonio...
I live in San Antonio, Tx and I was convicted of welfare fraud and I served 10 yrs on probation and went to court because I wasn't physically able to work and pay off my restitution. We went to coyrt and I was convicted of a felon. It has now bee over ten yrs since I was approved to be, I suppose, excused of my crime and yet when I apply for a job it still comes up on my record. Can you please direct me in guiding me if I am able to get this expunged?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/1/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Michael J, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Michael J, Esq.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Unfortunately, the clerk is correct. If you were convicted of your offense, you're not eligible for an expunction under Texas law. You would need a pardon from the Governor in order to clear your record. Sorry! :(
If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Michael