Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do we go about getting a felony record expunged in Texas.

Customer Question
It has been 10 years...
How do we go about getting a felony record expunged in Texas. It has been 10 years and finding a job is difficult . I served my time and parole time. I need to support a wife and 2 children.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/1/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:
1) What was the conviction for?
2) WAS this a conviction?
3) Any criminal record before or after that incident?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Ely, Counselor at Law