Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What can u do home taken off of bail that

Customer Question
what can u do for...
what can u do for my home taken off of bail for someone that refuses to pay his bail well I mean he pays it for a few months and then they came after me for payment and keeps going to jail( For serious crimes. Cashe of guns,paraphernalia, drugs lile four times, i asked the bonds place why do you guys keep bailing somebody else that U kno isnt gonna consistent
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
7/1/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If the defendant keeps getting rearrested, then the amount of bail set on each new matter will generally just get higher and higher. Almost all criminal defendants, however, are entitled to some sort of bail.
If he's supposed to pay you back but hasn't you could sue him for the money he owes you. Of course, if he doesn't have that kind of money in the first place, you won't be able to collect it, even if you win in court. This is one of the risks you take when you agree to act as surety to bond someone out of jail.
As you appear to be in contact with the bondsman, if you don't feel this defendant is a good risk for bail, then you have no obligation to bond him out and use your house for collateral and wind up incurring unnecessary debt. You can just say no in the first place, or discuss with the bondsman your withdrawal as surety.
The system just sets bail. It does not require you or anybody else to pay it.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD