Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

What is the penalty time second degree thift by deception…

Customer Question
What is the penalty for...
What is the penalty for first time second degree thift by deception indictment
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/30/2015
Criminal Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. For theft as a "crime of the second degree," punishment will include imprisonment for a term from five to 10 years, and/or a fine not to exceed $150,000 (or double the amount of monetary loss to the victim, whichever is higher). (§ 2C:43-3, § 2C:43-6.) 5 years is the minimum, 10 years is the max. For a first time offender, it's most likely going to be 5 years, on probation (i.e. no actual prison time). Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!
Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?
Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions)
I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know.If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer. Please note that I don't get any credit for my answer unless and until you rate it a 3, 4, 5 (good or better). Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer