Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I wanted to plead guilty to 0bstruction of justice in front

Customer Question
of the judge .The judge...
I wanted to plead guilty to 0bstruction of justice in front of the judge .The judge did not let me plea guilty because i had a shirt with no sleeves . It was a dress shirt but he did not care . i would have to come back another day to plead guilty with sleeves on . I never got the letter in the mail and now have a warrant out for my arrest . I am getting divorced and I told my father and mother in law to stop telling lies about me in the parking lot of a supermarket , he told me not to tell him what to do and reached in the car and punched me in the face . Will i go to jail if i press charges against him ? I'm also hurt .
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/30/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
You need to get photos taken of your injuries, and if you need medical treatment get documentation. You're the victim of an assault and should press charges.
That said, the last place in the world a defendant should want to go with an open warrant is to the police. Right now, if you did so, they would be within their rights to arrest you on the warrant, even if they turned the assault matter over to the prosecutor.
In Ohio, there's a two-year statute of limitations on a misdemeanor assault and 6 years if it's a felony. So you do not have to report the retaining a criminal lawyer who can not only return you on the warrant but report the offense for you to the prosecutor.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD