How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27134
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Yes. I was convicted of a mistomeanor domestic violence about

Customer Question

Yes. I was convicted of a mistomeanor domestic violence about ten years ago in mesa arizona. I live in idaho falls idaho now. Is there anyway i can get my gun rights back.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

Unfortunately, under Federal law, a conviction for a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence will cost you your Federal gun rights. Under the Lautenberg Amendment, the loss of your Federal rights is for life, but if you get a pardon from your governor, both your state and Federal right should be restored unless otherwise specified by the pardon.

You can apply for an Arizona pardon without a lawyer. The forms are available online via your governor's website: