How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

911 call clearly shows I contacted the police with

Customer Question

911 call clearly shows I contacted the police for help with a current boyfriend at the time.
Police get there as he runs out the door I stay on the mattress he had in the home with no furniture.
Two male police officers come to 911 call.
so it's three male and one female.
One officer come through the door. comes over to me and ask me to turn around that I'm under arrest. I paused and stated that I believe there is a misunderstanding I am the one who made the 911 call for help. He said it again so I turned around still with hesitation. As he was doing this the other officer came through the door and shocked me with prongs with a taser until I lost complete control of my bladder and urinated my pants. They then handcuffed me as I laid on the floor.
I was taken to jail holding facility. Photos were taken of the bruises on me. I never was put in a jail cell. They released me after having I sit in the waiting room for three to four hours that night.
I left The faculty and almost a year later nothing came up on my case net record as I checked it many times over the year. I thought possibly they had just dropped this because they had nothing to base handcuffing me off, so I moved to Arizona.
I looked on Greene county after a month of being in Arizona and I saw they had put a court date for me to go to. I could not afford this at the time. I hired my attorney to get it extended but still with all the fear of what happened I never went back to Missouri.
I then moved to New Hampshire with my partner. My partner suggest having an attorney represent me and go to court so I didn't have to deal with it and fly back for a situation that was handled wrong. I did this and I paid all my fees. The attorney that I hired would write me formal letters letting me know what he would do next. I was told I would do two years of unsupervised probation and then this would be something that I would have to worry about any longer which I was grateful for. The problem is that this case has been That this happened in the year 2010/201. I was given the sis or ses whichever one doesn't go off of your record which I did not know this at the time of saying I would plead guilty. This class a misdemeanor has prevented me from getting careers Ive wanted to persue and being able to live a normal life.
I failed to mention that in the meantime of all of this happening before I was convicted of this class A misdemeanor of resisting arrest, my disability was approved by the government. I am now on disability with bipolar disorder. during the time of the phone 911 call I was not treated for bipolar disorder or Recieving disability from the government, but in the stages of waiting for it to be approved.
I honestly just want a good and healthy happy life that I am proud of and this misdemeanor has gotten in the way of pursuing a career I would be proud and happy with. Any help is much appreciated in advising me with what to do to get this erased from my background.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.To be clear, the misdemeanor conviction/paying of fines was In NC.And how long ago was this?How old were you at the time?And what was the charge, exactly?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The misdemeanor charge was in Missouri.I currently live in North Carolina.The date the police were called was: 9/7/2010
Filing date was not until: 1/6/2011
The judgement for guilty plea was made: 6/4/2012My age at the time was: 27The charge was: resisting arrest, detention or stop {Misdemeanor A RSMo:575.150}Sentence was: suspended execution of sentence
With 2 years unsupervised probation
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloUnfortunately, Missouri does not provide for an expugement where there was a conviction. Therefore, you must first apply for and be granted a Pardon/Clemency by the Governor of Missouri. That will then make you eligible to Petition to have the court records removed, as well as any arrest records.Here is the Link for you to get the Application
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
You will need to apply on that application and then mail it in duplicated to the Missouri Parole and Probation as indicated in the right top corner of the application. Once you have done that, you may need to wait 18 to 24 months. But once the Clemency is granted you then will file the Petition to Expunge court records as well as seal your arrest records.The Clemency process and the Petition to the court are separate processes.