Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My ex and i have fight last night, now there is a felony warrat violence beca

Customer Question

my ex and i have fight last night, now there is a felony warrat for domestic violence because i hung phone will on 911. I have to fly out tomorrow but will be coming back. with I get arrested when i go through tsa? My concern is, that I will have my 8 year old daughter
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; (B) If you receive a phone call offer while we chat, know that this is an automated test feature the site is running. Due to possible ethical issues, the site allows experts not participate in phone calls and I normally decline them. Unless the phone call offer you receive literally states "THIS OFFER IS FROM ELY" (which means I personally initiated it), please do not entertain any such offer; and (C) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am very sorry to hear about this situation.
If one is flying domestically within USA, likely not.
TSA generally does not check for warrants against the federal/state database (NCIC) unless they have a reason to do so, suspicion due to behavior of the passenger, a "spot" check, etc. Unless that is the case, most domestic passengers are not screened for warrants although there is always a risk since it is at their discretion.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.