How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27435
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Search warrant calls counterfeit federal notes papers

Customer Question

search warrant calls for papers counterfeit federal notes papers and all that may produce such they find nothing in the description of warrant and i am arrested and charged w/ drug possession
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10 Vicodin found in some closet shirt pocket when there was a script for the drug in the refrigerator
charged and convicted and forced to plead guilty or stay in jail the warrant called for search of home all vehicles attics and garages and autos charged wife and i both, granted prop 36 and completed successfully 2 people same house prop 36 no easy task to complete . wife busted for small quantity of meth less than 1 gram and i for 10 Vicodin in my home was destroyed and dogs left w/ out care in home all day and night ..
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Unfortunately, if during the scope of a lawful search the police stumble upon contraband, they can arrest you for the possession of the contraband and charge you with another crime.
You could have fought the case but you decided to take a plea. That means you gave up the right to confront the evidence against you at hearings and trial. Also, by taking a plea, you become unable to sue the police for a false arrest. By definition, your own admission of guilt makes a false arrest "true."
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.