How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33397
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok how to get paper work on a case faster?? there must be a

Customer Question

ok how to get paper work on a case faster?? there must be a way
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Do you mean paperwork that has been filed in a case? What kind of delays are you experiencing now and why?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well my friends just got in trouble 2 weeks ago. They just got their "discovery" yesterday and i have been in trouble before n know they keep certain documents from the person the d.a is trying to prosecute. Is there anyway to get the full report on there case?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 years ago.
If you are talking bout police reports or other parts of the investigation then no, just through discovery. The court can set a specific deadline on when they have to provide those documents but that is the only way to get them. Many people believe that sending Freedom of Information requests or Open Records requests will get the items but police investigations are actually exempt from those so long as a case is pending. They only become available once the statute of limitations has passed or they are formally declared closed.