Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I sent in a question on Friday. I was the one in Walmart

Customer Question

I sent in a question on Friday. I was the one in Walmart that had checked out and someone came and tapped me on the shoulders and asked me to come with them. They said I had taken some markers and that he had seen me. But, had not stopped me. But, if I
gave them the stuff back, it would go o.k. for me. I just said I did it. I don't know why I said that, except that I have had a hard time since my husband died. I'm not sure what I'm doing sometimes. Gave them some markers that were in my purse and some SD
cards that were in my pocket from school. I was arrested anyway. Over the weekend I kept thinking why did I tell them that I did it. I didn't have the packages on me. They said they found some packages in the bathroom. But, I didn't see how they got them.
I couldn't even remember this morning if today was Sunday or Monday. I was so scared that I didn't know what to do. But, saying that I did it wasn't smart either. What should I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
Good morning. I see the question you sent in. It appears that you were dissatisfied with the information and answer given and rated the help as poor. Would you mind sharing with me what the issue/problem was?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The amount of time it took. I wasn't sure that you were really considering my concern. I'm alone and scared.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Besides, this is what's left of my life since he died. All I have is my teaching job and I can't go to jail or lose my job. What a mess!
Yes, I certainly understand and am here to help and provide you with information to put you at ease. If you look at the timeline on the other question, I responded to you within 3 minutes of the question being posted and then waited 30+ mins for you to get the information request and respond. Once you did, I was alerted and started to help. I am happy to still work with you, so please let me know what I can do to help and answer for you.
I will be stepping away shortly, so please let me what I can answer or help you with.