Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Are DUI'S and BUI'S the same offense? I mean if you have a…

Customer Question
Are DUI'S and BUI'S the...
Are DUI'S and BUI'S the same offense? I mean if you have a DUI and get a bui 5 years later, then do you have 2 dui's or 1 DUI and 1 bui's.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/21/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What state are you in, generally yes they are the same offense and if you have a DUI and get a BUI it becomes a 2nd offense. However, to make sure I need to know your state.