Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My son just got a ticket a red light, then they

Customer Question
My son just got a...
My son just got a ticket for running a red light, then they discovered a bench warrant going back 6 years. What could be his penalty? It was originally for driving under suspension. He now has a valid license. The original penalty was 7 days work release. He showed up at the jail for it and they told him they were full and his name wasn't on the list. He had a public defender at the time who had personal issues of her own. He couldn't get a hold of her and had no correspondence from her and he went on with his life.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/20/2015
Criminal Lawyer: joelaws8, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
joelaws8
joelaws8, Lawyer
Good morning and thank you for the question. Did they release him with a citation, or is he still in custody?
Ely, Counselor at Law