Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Have a question! Can I be arrested Fioricet....the

Customer Question
Hi...have a question! Can...
Hi...have a question! Can I be arrested for ordering Fioricet....the old one that is not controlled???? My mail driver is acting very strange....just doing this ...no insurance right now and I told her that
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/19/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
The Federal Drug administration has made it a Federal offense to import medications manufuactured in another country from an online pharmacy as they cannot oversee the manufacturing process. That is true even with medications that are routinely produced over here, regardless of whether they are a controlled substance or not. It is also an offense to order precription items from any online pharmacy without a prescription from a physician who has actually seen you recently and examined you in person.
So, yes, you can get in trouble.
While the Federal government can't be anywhere, and you may actually get your medication rather than have it stopped by drug sniffing dogs at some point along its travels, there are also other potential problems. Many of these pharmacy sites are scam sites. Some will take your credit card information and use it to commit identity theft. Others will send you counterfeit drugs. Still others will send you nothing but months later you will get a call from someone pretending to be a US Federal agent who will try to extort money from you, because you have committed a crime.
There's not one good reason to shop at an online pharmacy like that, even if you get away with it.
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD