Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

In Colorado 1986, I was convicted of felony F4 possession of

Customer Question
marijuana. After almost 30...
In Colorado 1986, I was convicted of felony F4 possession of marijuana. After almost 30 years can I finally have this case sealed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/18/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
The law will preclude an expungement for the conviction, if you have other convictions.
And in that regard, I suggest you will need to first have the matter Pardoned by the Governor.
The process for the Pardon/Executive Clemency is at the link below and in that link you can obtain the application for Executive Clemency.
Once you get that, you are Eligible to petition for expungment. However, the pardon does not guarantee the court will grant the expungment. Though, I suggest, given this was 30 years ago and if you have not had any other problems since then, your sentence is complete, there are no outstanding fees in this matter you should be successful in both the Pardon process and the Expungment/Sealing.
http://www.doc.state.co.us/governors-office-executive-clemency
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here.
Otherwise, I would appreciate a Positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time in providing you true and correct information.
Thank you
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law