CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I am being harssed by someone in a state I no longer live in.

Customer Question

I am being harssed by someone in a state I no longer live in. This person has repeatedly contacted me after I have asked this individual to please not contact me again. How do I go about pressing charges?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I love in Kentucky now and this person lives in Tennessee.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I live in Kentucky now and this person lives in Tennessee.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You first want to contact the police an report this person and get them involved. You also want to ask them if you should reach out to the police in the county where the person resides. Not only is the harassment an issue but the fact that they are trying to force you into sexual acts, to keep them from trying to harm and ruin your reputation, which is illegal as well. You can also go speak with the clerk of court and inquire about filing a protective order against this person, to cease the harassment and to keep them away. Between the police and the courts, they should get the idea that they need to stop or else they can be arrested and charged.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!