How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael J, Esq. Your Own Question
Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3461
Experience:  Licensed attorney experienced in criminal matters, having represented hundreds of clients with every misdemeanor and felony imaginable.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Michael J, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the police force their way into your

Customer Question

Can the police force their way into your home trying to serve a restraining orders? My wife knowingly and willing without threat of any nature and of her own free will left our home and now she has filed a restraining order which the police are trying to serve. I live in Colorado my phone number is (XXX)XXX-XXXX My name is XXXXX
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Michael J, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello -
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your criminal problem today.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
No, no one can force their way into your home. Service of legal papers has to be done peacefully and in accordance with the law.
I hope this helps!
If you valued my time, I'd love a positive review. I'll be happy to follow up until you're completely satisfied.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Michael, the second part of my question was since my wife left our home of her own free will , willingly and knowingly without threat of any nature and has a place to stay and I have been here since before she left that day and every day ever since doesn't that fall into a "Right of Domain" type of category?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My wife of her own free will, willingly and knowingly left our home then filed for a restraining order while staying with someone else. I have been in our home since before she left and I still am here today. Her leaving of her own free will thus essentially vacating our home, does that set under the category in my case as "Right of Possession" or another legal term in my favor.

Related Criminal Law Questions