Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Some one is harrasing me and threatening me and my family,

Customer Question
what should i do?...
some one is harrasing me and threatening me and my family, what should i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/16/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Are you fearful for your safety as a result of these threats? If so and they are continuing, you can report the offense to the police and ask for a protective order. The person harassing and threatening you will become the defendant on a criminal case and while the case is pending and for a period following a conviction, that period to be determined by a judge, this person would have to keep away from you and your family or would face arrest and additional criminal charges.
If you do not want this person arrested but just want the order, you can get yourself a civil restraining order to stop the harassment. You can read more about that in this overview:
http://www.womenslaw.org/laws_state_type.php?id=548&state_code=NE
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD