How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had an overpayment of unemployment of 9k from Michigan in

Customer Question

I had an overpayment of unemployment of 9k from Michigan in 2009!I did what I was told and got a job stopped collecting!6 years later they took my federal return of 19k and they did issue warrant in 2011 because I never answered them because I did not get my mail because I moved!I will pay every penny!Will they act on warrant?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Unfortunately, generally, once a warrant is issued for felony unemployment fraud, not only the person against whom the warrant was issued would have to pay back any money owed to UE office, plus any penalties and interest, but also criminal charges would be pursued, so it is very important to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney to represent you in this pending criminal case, since arrest warrants do not go away or expire until the wanted person surrenders and faces the charges.
You can find an experienced and skilled local criminal law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to criminal law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters and also regularly practices before the court located in the jurisdiction where your matter will be heard.
I wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have any related follow up questions for me?

Related Criminal Law Questions