Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Would my son be in violation of a restraining order if he…

Customer Question
Would my son be in...
Would my son be in violation of a restraining order if he went onto the dating site which is the same site they initially met on? He sees her on there but does not communicate with her. She is evidently able to see that he was looking at her profile on
a page that included several other ladies. She reported it as a violation, the police came and took him to jail!! Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/11/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What EXACTLY does the retraining order state, the exact wording, because that would determine whether he is in violation. If he was looking at her profile, then he certainly would be held in contempt, but if he was not, then it depends on the wording, so what does it say exactly?
Ely, Counselor at Law