Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My roommate stole money $ 5500.00 cash from me . Can he be…

Customer Question
my roommate stole money $...
my roommate stole money $ 5500.00 cash from me . Can he be attested for this ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/11/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.
Do you mean arrested?
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I went to the bank with my roommate to cash my check of $5500.00 ...The teller gave me the money all 100 bills. the teller gave me the money in the bank evevople then I went to see the mortage and from there I exited the bank got into my car. I put all of the bank papers and the money in my lunch kit in the back seat. Then I was driving home and mentioned to my roommate that I might be taking my mother to the store. My roommate told me to stop by the gas station to get him some cigars I agreed I did stop and got the cigars for him. But he did not get out of the car. When I got to the car. My roommate told me to drop him off at the neighborhood park b/c he did not want to see my mother. So I dropped him off. When I got home I took everything out of the car and then opened the lunch kit to take the money and bank papers out. But the money was not there. So I got in the car to go find him but he was nowhere to be found.
Have you reported this to the police?
No....not yet....I am not sure what the police could do
I do not want to police to come to my house since my mother is there and I do not want my mother to know
The only way to get him arrested is to report him to the police. They are the only ones that can pursue the criminal charges. You can request that they not come to the house but there is no way to be sure that they won't, especially if he is your roommate at the house. They may want to search his room eventually or at some point may even try to arrest him there.
However, that is your only real recourse at this time. You have to file the police report to get him arrested.
what phone number do I call to report this?
Just the regular police telephone number. You wouldn't call 911. If you need me to I can look it up for you if you can tell me what city this is in.
Houston, TX 77066
If it is inside the Houston city limits call(###) ###-####
If it is outside Houston city limits and in Harris County call the Harris County Sheriff's Office at(###) ###-####
Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating (of course I’d suggest Excellent!) so I receive credit for my work.