Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Can I take my care giver out of staate if she is on probation

Customer Question

can I take my care giver out of staate if she is on probation I woud like to visit my faamily and my care giver is on probation
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
This depends on the probation itself. Some probation rules disallow the Defendant to leave state, and some do not.
First, she has to find out if the rules disallow her to leave. She can call her "PO" - "probation officer" - and find out. If the probation officer is okay with it, then it should not be a problem.
If the probation officer disallows it and/or if the official rules disallow it for her probation, she cannot, unless she files in court to ask the Judge to give her an exception and allow a one-time travel outside of the state, and the Judge approves.
Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.