How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27425
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

X-wife asked me to remove items from the former marital home

Customer Question

x-wife asked me to remove items from the former marital home while she was gone out of the country. I did so with our son assisting in removing the stuff. All the items removed where heirlooms given tome by my mother. Now she is angry that our daughter
spent $2500 out of money that was hers and wants me to repay her for it. She is threatening to call local police and have me arrested for taking my stuff unless I comply. Suggestions, Comments, etc would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Do you have proof that she asked you to remove items from the home? Would your son testify on your behalf if necessary? Does she plan on saying you entered the home without her permission or is she only planing on objecting to what you took?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** can be done at this point. She has filed a complaint against me for criminal trespass. I just gave her a check for $2644 which is what she was demanding to reimburse her for what our biological daughter spent. I have been her cash cow for the past 25 years now she has something to blackmail me with whenever she wants money. Sorry for bothering you over this.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
Is the case still open against you? If so, why would you think nothing can be done about the trespass case? If the case can be eliminated, there's no possibility of blackmail.