How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a nolle process on a manufacture marihuana charge from

Customer Question

I got a nolle process on a manufacture marihuana charge from state , because Feds picked it up ...can state re file Charges if I'm found not guilty or plea to lesser charges......what happens with my state bond after nolle
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regardThe entry of a nolle prosequi is not an acquittal, and the principle of double jeopardy therefore does not apply. And so yes, you can be re charged on the state level.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
Your bond is void once you have appeared in court and the matter was nol prossed. You are not on bond any more. The bonds person will get their money returned.