Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

How do i unseal my court record or can I just notorize a letter…

Customer Question
How do i unseal my...
How do i unseal my court record or can I just notorize a letter allowing a law firm to my file?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/4/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
With your notarized power of attorney, the law firm will have to file a motion to the court to unseal the records. If the court sealed the records, only a judge can unseal them for inspection and copying.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer