Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

My daughter has a no bond warrant probation for

Customer Question
My daughter has a no...
My daughter has a no bond warrant for violating probation for DUI. Her attorney is waiting for a judge's approval on a deal her probation officer & the State's attorney have agreed to. I have been home twice when officers came to arrest her. How long can she avoid coming home without getting in trouble.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/3/2015
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 3 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The biggest problem is that for the Judge to approve the plea deal, she is going to have to be in front of him/her. As such, the attorney is going to need to allow an in-court surrender and then hope the Judge accepts the plea all at the same time, so that the warrant can be lifted in open court and the violation can be resolved. If not, then the Judge may take her into custody and she would be held until the next court date or until a plea is worked out and accepted, based upon the Judges determination is it is reasonable based upon the facts.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
The attorney is trying to get her to appear at a hearing w/o going to jail. As I said the probation officer and State's attorney are in agreement with the deal. They're just waiting for the judge to accept it.
Her getting in trouble is a matter of her getting picked up on the warrant. They will keep trying and if she does, she will be held until the court date is obtained Ideally, her attorney will be able to get it set and the warrant lifted ASAP but if not, she would have to continue to avoid law enforcement if she did not want to go to jail. Another option is the court date is not set for some time, is the attorney can either ask for the warrant to be vacated since a deal is in place or ask that a bond be set, so she can post it and be released.
Will she be in trouble if she continues to avoid arrest? Unfortunately I can't avoid being at home because I have 2 dogs.
It could make the matter worse, since probation is trying to work with her, the attorney and the State and she has absconded, which is a violation in and of itself.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!