Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I was convicted of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon

Customer Question
in 2003. I received 3...
I was convicted of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon in 2003. I received 3 yrs probation due to it being my 1st offense AND ONLY offense. I had almost completed my probation, 3 weeks or so left. I then was pulled over one night and received a DUI charge. It was a refusal to blow, or comply to the roadside test. I then violated probation, by doing so. My expungement was then over seeded. I would like to know if there is a statue of limitations on this crime so I may receive my gun ownership rights back along with voting rights. I would sure appreciate an answer to help me, please. I don't want this following me for the rest of my life, over one incident. It was not a gun involved, just to let you know. Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/1/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
However, I need clarification.
Is there a statute of limitations on what exactly?
Receiving my rights back to gun ownership having an assault w/ a deadly weapon (knife) on my record.
Are you still there, Samuel?
HelloYes, I am here.
OK.
Thank you
There is no statute of limitations when you can apply to get your gun rights restored other than you will need to be crime free at least 5 years before you can apply.
You now have a new crime and if you are convicted that will mean you have to be crime free for 5 years from that conviction date
I apologize for the delay in my response and please let me know if you need clarification or have other questions in this regard
Are you speaking of the charge in North Carolina? I have an attorney on that matter and hoping to get it dismissed.
You actually were pretty quick in your response.
Yes. The new DUI is a new crime. And to be eligible to get your gun rights restored, you need to be crime free for at least 5 years.
Ok and thank you. One more question. Since my lawyer in NC is only licensed for that state, should I go with the "Free Trial" that you all offer, since I might have more questions? I can cancel at anytime, correct?
HelloThank you. I am not privy to any of the payment plans or subscriptions with this site. You need to use the Contact Us button to get information on payments.Keep in mind, however, that professionals on this site are precluded from representing customers of this site as per the Terms of Service of this site.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask and in that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information. Thank you
You're welcome. Thank you for your help. I'll take care of that review. Have a good day.
Thank you. You, too.
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law