Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Criminal Lawyer
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience, primarily in criminal law
12176198

My daughter is really anxious. She has been in drug court

Customer Question

My daughter is really anxious. She has been in drug court since last August and has complied with the requirements. She discovered she was pregnant 4 months ago and is starting to show. She is afraid of the consequences of admitting she is pregnant to her parole officer. She would rather not reveal the identity of the father of her child. Does she need to? x

Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 2 years ago.
Hello.
I cannot see why it is any of her probation officer's business or how it is relevant to her probation. People on probation get pregnant sometimes. It is not like the terms and conditions of her parole or probation require her to abstain from sex, I am sure. The only way it would be an issue is if the person who got her pregnant is someone who she is not allowed to have contact with due to the terms of her probation (i.e. if her crime involved a victim, like assault, and the terms of her probation required her to stay away from the victim, or if her probation terms prohibit her from having contact with convicted felons, and the child's father is one). Even if the person who got her pregnant is one of those people, she is not required to volunteer that information to her PO. So I don't see how it would be an issue for her.