Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I currently live in Illinois, I have my whole life and have…

Customer Question
I currently live in Illinois...
I currently live in Illinois, I have my whole life and have felonies in Illinois, I am 44 years old and have been out of prison since 2005 and own my own business for 7 years now, is there any state I can move to that would allow me to get my rights back x
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help you.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
What type of felony convictions do you have? Is it just one or multiple felony convictions?
63 months for distribution of cocaine in the federal system and a burglary charge 26 years ago
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, with a federal felony conviction, the only way person's civil rights can be restored is with a full pardon from the president, which are rarely granted, but even if the full presidential pardon is obtained, also another full pardon would have to be obtained from the governor of the state where felony burglary conviction took place.
It is a good idea to consult with an experienced local pardon law attorney and this attorney can evaluate your specific case to see if there is any chance of getting your civil rights restored.
You can find an experienced and skilled local pardon law attorney by using this established and reputable attorney information / referral websites:
www.lexmundi.com
www.martindale.com
www.lawyers.com
www.legalmatch.com
When, choosing a local attorney to represent you, it would be a good idea to choose someone who has a practice exclusively dedicated to pardon law, has at least 10 years of experience and handled similar matters.
I wish you the best of luck!
Do you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law