How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 116707
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex fiancee beat me infront of my two kids. I called the

Customer Question

My ex fiancee beat me infront of my two kids. I called the cops and he fled on feet,his family is hiding him. I pressed charges and looking to get a restraining order put on him,my question is can he get in more trouble for being on the run? They have been searching for one week now,and i discoverd on facebook they posted pictures of him at some club with his family. Im so upset,they know this man beat me and i defended my self and he had more damage then me,now everyone is acting all funny now,i have a two yr old and four year old with him,how can they turn there back on these kids,he is a coward who stole my income tax money and not just that i lost my job and apartment cause this man,i want him in jail for doing this to me. I didnt do anything but support him and he gives everybody whores,family's and friends his whole world and he gives me all the bs in the world. I just want justice for my kids and myself,they witness it and now im teaching my son not to hit his sister or chock her! This man manage to ruin my life in one month and two weeks! I hate the fact i allowed him in my life after moving on three years ago.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
He will not get in "more" trouble for being on the run, but the fact that he has not turned himself in would not give the prosecutor and judge any reason to try to give him any breaks.
What you need to do, besides calling the police if you know where he is so they can go there to arrest him, is you need to file a civil suit against him for damages you suffered in the attack as well as pain and suffering and emotional distress. In addition, if he is not paying his obligations for the children you need to file suit against him for child support as well and get court orders to force him to pay.
People like this are only going to be fixed by taking them to court and making them pay money, because if they do not pay, the court will put him in jail for not paying on top of what the criminal court does to him for attacking you.