Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If a 13 year old girl and 14 year boy have sex can the boy be guilty of any crime? If so…

Customer Question
If a 13 year old...
If a 13 year old girl and 14 year boy have sex can the boy be guilty of any crime?
If so what would happen i n the state of Nebraska? Sex wss consensual
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/30/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Both parties are under the age of consent, which means that both parties are not able to legally consent. However it also means that because both of them are minors, they are not in violation of any specific law. Please notice that the Nebraska law has age requirements, and since both parties are under that age, no law was broken:
28-319.01. Sexual assault of a child; first degree; penalty.
(1) A person commits sexual assault of a child in the first degree:
(a) When he or she subjects another person under twelve years of age to sexual penetration and the actor is at least nineteen years of age or older; or
(b) When he or she subjects another person who is at least twelve years of age but less than sixteen years of age to sexual penetration and the actor is twenty-five years of age or older.
(2) Sexual assault of a child in the first degree is a Class IB felony with a mandatory minimum sentence of fifteen years in prison for the first offense.
(3) Any person who is found guilty of sexual assault of a child in the first degree under this section and who has previously been convicted (a) under this section, (b) under section 28-319 of first degree or attempted first degree sexual assault, (c) under section 28-320.01 before July 14, 2006, of sexual assault of a child or attempted sexual assault of a child, (d) under section 28-320.01 on or after July 14, 2006, of sexual assault of a child in the second or third degree or attempted sexual assault of a child in the second or third degree, or (e) in any other state or federal court under laws with essentially the same elements as this section, section 28-319, or section 28-320.01 as it existed before, on, or after July 14, 2006, shall be guilty of a Class IB felony with a mandatory minimum sentence of twenty-five years in prison.
(4) In any prosecution under this section, the age of the actor shall be an essential element of the offense that must be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.
Hope that helps!
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney