Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was trying to see my cousin in prison they said I couldn't…

Customer Question
I was trying to see...
I was trying to see my cousin in prison they said I couldn't because I had pending charges I don't have any warrants I don't understand x
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/30/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Have you spoken to the warden yet or made a written request to the warden?
No I havent
No
Thank you for your reply.
Under the laws, the warden has the final say as far as who can visit the prison or the inmates. Thus, if you want access to your cousin, the warden is the party you have to appeal to and you need to contact the warden, send him a letter and explain your situation and reasons you would like to visit and it is solely in his discretion as to who can come into his facility.
Ok one more Question can unpaid ticket keep me from going because I think I have a ticket but didn't go to court for it
Thank you for your reply.
An unpaid ticket should not be a bar to you visiting. A warrant or a actual criminal record could bar you from visiting.