Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I'm trying to assist a friend with information with sentence reduction. Wanting to kn

Customer Question
ow how to correct modify...
I'm trying to assist a friend with information with sentence reduction. Wanting to kn ow how to correct modify or reduce 99 year sentence in state of Texas with 21 years currently served. Here's some facts of felony murder case which involved a high speed chase and vehicle accident which caused an individuals death. Unknowingly practicing attorney license was suspended due to fail to pay bar dues, failure to preserve an error by failing to object within a timely manner after DA introduced an extraneous offense during penalty phase, filed no motions for discovery nor pre trial motion. No visits to discuss case but merely stated that individual couldn't be convicted of felony murder. x
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/29/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 2 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If he's already filed for an appeal and a habeas and been denied on these issues, while he can certainly file a motion to reduce his sentence, the likelihood of this being granted by the judge before whom he was found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in the first place is very low, especially as a pro se motion. It would be best to have a lawyer do the petition, as you could expect a great deal of opposition from the family of the complainant and the DA's office.
He can also, however, apply to the governor for clemency, which he could do for himself. I can link you to the application forms here:
http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/bpp/exec_clem/exec_clem.html
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD