Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I have been given a notice to appear charge

Customer Question
Hello, I have been given a...
I have been given a notice to appear for the charge of knowingly using falsified vehicle registration plate. I have never been arrested before for any reason. What is likely to happen in the state of Maryland?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/29/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
In Maryland this charge is Section 14-107 of the Maryland Code. It carries a maximum possible penalty of two months of jail and a fine of $500. Jail is almost entirely unlikely.
You should have a lawyer with you on your court date. He may be able to get this matter dismissed or resolve it in some way favorable to you so that it won't hurt your record such as a PBJ.