Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

13 years after I was a victim in an armed robbery case, a…

Customer Question
13 years after I was...
13 years after I was a victim in an armed robbery case, a case that ended with the perpetrator being convicted and sentenced, an unknown attorney showed up at my daughters dancing school looking for me. No phone call, no email, just decided to go IN PERSON to my daughters dancing school in the hopes of finding me. After he discovered I wasn't there, rather than leave a business card asking for me to call, he proceeds to explain to the person there all about my involvement with the case from 13 years earlier. He even goes as far as to tell them that despite the fact that the perpetrator was currently in jail, another person supposedly confessed and he wanted me "to look at a line-up." My instincts tell me this is completely abnormal and against proper protocol.....can you help? x
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation.
1) Can you please tell me what state this was in?
2) Were you under the age of 18 thirteen years ago?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Ely, Counselor at Law