Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Wife is my dependent (military spouse), nd her probation officer told…

Customer Question
Wife is my dependent (military...
Wife is my dependent (military spouse), nd her probation officer told her she can't live on base with me in my state bcuz she is in supervised probation. She also says she can't Help her change states.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/27/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to get permission to live on base if her probation officer will not approve (it is generally because probation and parole cannot come to the residence on the base anytime they want to check the house for violations), then one way to get it approved is through going back to court and you will also need support of your base command to agree to cooperate with probation and parole for them to have access to conduct supervision as they deem necessary. The other way to do this is to go to court and ask the court to remove her supervision requirement based on her good conduct while on probation so far.
Other than these two ways, both of which involve going to court, if probation refuses to allow her to move on base, they have the right to stop her.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer