Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I wish to file compact around September this

Customer Question
I wish to file for...
I wish to file for interstate compact around September this year, I will have been out of an incarcerated state for six months and have paid off all my fines, done my required house arrest, and finished outpatient treatment, I wish to move from my parents in MI into a place with a couple coworkers in Ohio since I currently work there and have work privileges out of state, what do you think my chances are of getting approved? No violations. I am also curious how through the receiving state will be looking into my roommates/new residence. They moved in recently and neither have any prior felony convictions.what could boost my chances of being approved? And lastly should I have them make the residence quite presentable for a home visit when I file for the transfer, as in if they go to approve the residence prior to approval what would they be looking for/like to see in the home. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/27/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Thanks for requesting me.
Are you on parole or probation?
If you already have a job there and have a place to stay with people who are productive law-abiding citizens, with no criminal history, you should be in good shape. You can expect parole to visit the residence as well as talk to your prospective roommates. They are going to be looking for whatever triggers they think might cause you to reoffend, so you and your roommates-to-be ought to keep that in mind.