How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My finance went to parole today BC he got a letter in the mail

Customer Question

My finance went to parole today BC he got a letter in the mail about being 70 behind and not getting his payment in on the 10th. I called up there the office was closed but I was told he went to jail. Is this something to get a lawyer for ? Its $70 but he did pay it this sat with his debit card.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your fiancee's situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Yes, you really should get a local defense attorney for your fiancee. If there is an error and the payment was paid on time, the lawyer can help prove it and to get your boyfriend released.
But because this is a probation violation, he just can’t bail out like he could with a typical criminal charge. He will generally be held until the parole revocation hearing---which could be weeks or even months.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,