Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I was drugged by my nephew. He told me so after drinking a…

Customer Question
I was drugged by my...
I was drugged by my nephew. He told me so after drinking a cup of coffee he provided. I called the local police and in their report they advised him to have no contact with me. They told me to call the police if he attempts any contact. Is this binding?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/26/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. No, this is not binding. An police report has no authority to order a person to stay away.
What you seek is called a personal protection order. See here on how to file one. This is filed with the court, and the court does have the authority to order him to stay away.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.
Ely, Counselor at Law