How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27725
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should children be force to be around a guy who been in prison

Customer Question

Should children be force to be around a guy who been in prison for 20 years for beating a man almost to death with a baseball bat and he beats their mother. The mother had a dog from a previous relationship the guy told her to get rid of the dog or he will cut the dog throat. Then he told her brother to get a knife and he will get a knife, both off their shirts and he will cut himself across the chest then her brother will cut himself across why I don't know. He lives in south Carolina and she lives in north Carolina she is scared of him she plan to marry him I want to stop the marriage. IHe already beating the 2 smallest kids one came back from S C in January with a cut on his head. The little girl was about to tell it, when her mother made a statement that that little boy was getting on her damn nervous, two different stories was told about the cut on the little boy head he ran onto the wall and hit it on the van door. This happen in january. 2015.I look up child abuse and neclect
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's alot behind this story. I can't afford a lawyer. I can't let this children suffer by the hands of a convict.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If she wants to marry this man, you cannot stop it. She has the right to make her own choices. You can, however, do something to try to protect the children and you don't need a lawyer to do it.
If you know that the children are being abused by the mother's boyfriend you can call North Carolina's Child Protective Services and report the abuse and the situation in the household. They have an obligation to investigate such claims. If your report is found to be accurate, then either the convict will not be allowed to contact the children or the mother will lose custody of the kids.
You or the father of the children or, for that matter the mother, can also report the abuse to the police and/or the DA's office in the county where this is occurring.