How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27425
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm trying to get phone records from 1999-2000

Customer Question

I'm trying to get phone records from 1999-2000
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
First of all you have to check with your phone carrier, because each one is different. Most do not keep records going back more than 5 years. Secondly, if these are not your own phone records, you are not entitled to them unless you have a court order.
You'd need a judge to sign the subpoena, which he will only do if you are before him on a case for which the evidence you seek is relevant. So if you're not in litigation, you won't be able to get them.