Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

I would like to know if i can seal my criminal record i did…

Customer Question
i would like to know...
i would like to know if i can seal my criminal record i did the time courth sented me but i fleww back to my country about 12yeras ago
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/21/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
I am not sure if you are asking about sealing a record in Texas or El Salvador. I can only speak as to Texas law and US based law.
Relative to Texas and the United States, depending on the nature of the criminal offense, a person can have their criminal record sealed if they have completed all of the court determined punishments and have maintained a clean record since completion of said punishment.
The individual must file a petition in the court of conviction to seal the record and must put forth compelling evidence to the court that they are rehabilitated and that the record is harming their ability to be a productive citizen.
If the conviction was for a crime of violence or was a sex related crime, then the record will not be sealed, barring receiving a pardon from the Governor of Texas or the President of the United States.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Please rate my answer positively if this has been beneficial for you.
Best!
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!