How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Delta-Lawyer Your Own Question
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3546
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Delta-Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if i can seal my criminal record i did

Customer Question

i would like to know if i can seal my criminal record i did the time courth sented me but i fleww back to my country about 12yeras ago
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure if you are asking about sealing a record in Texas or El Salvador. I can only speak as to Texas law and US based law.
Relative to Texas and the United States, depending on the nature of the criminal offense, a person can have their criminal record sealed if they have completed all of the court determined punishments and have maintained a clean record since completion of said punishment.
The individual must file a petition in the court of conviction to seal the record and must put forth compelling evidence to the court that they are rehabilitated and that the record is harming their ability to be a productive citizen.
If the conviction was for a crime of violence or was a sex related crime, then the record will not be sealed, barring receiving a pardon from the Governor of Texas or the President of the United States.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Please rate my answer positively if this has been beneficial for you.
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any additional questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward. Thanks!