How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If tenants are harassing landlord by making false statement

Customer Question

If tenants are harassing landlord by making false statement e so they do not have pay rent and are causing extreme stress in the lanrord, can that be considered harassment?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My Question was much more detailed..... Many more sentences were in my question. The tenants made false statements in housing court without any hard evidence causing unwarranted inspections, and aggravating the landlords more by accusing them of criminal acts such as letting the ari out of their tires. They have not let the landlord inside to verify their complaints and do any true necessary repairs. They are causing the landlords alot of stress and distress, especially financial hardship because they have not paid rent for months. They are emotionally distraught since the housing court leans toward siding with tenants. Even their current lawyer usually represents tenants.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What type of lawyer located in NYC or Queens, NY, do they need and can you recommend any that will work with their clients at a reasonable cost, since the landlord is not rich.
Expert:  Samuel II replied 2 years ago.
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Harassment is a continued course of behavior without legitimate purpose. In that regard, if the tenants are continually making unfounded complaints, then I suggest the LL will want to consider filing a police report for criminal harassment.
I suggest, also if you want to consult with another local attorney in NYC that you contact the NYC Bar Association for a legal referral service and tell them you need an attorney for a Tenant matter.
Here is that contact (###) ###-####
Please note that I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. If you have other questions or need clarification, please let me know here. Otherwise, I would appreciate a positive rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Thank you