Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

My question is as follows:I am on call in probation

Customer Question
Hello, my question is as...
Hello, my question is as follows:
I am on call in probation once a month. I am current on all payments. I am being required to travel for my job. I may lose my job if I do not travel and at the moment I am being asked to go to Mexico for a week. So far, the answer from probation is No they will not authorize me to travel. Get a lawyer and ask the Judge. I am willing to do so.
I do not have a passport, I will need to get one. If I file for one ahead of going to court will it be denied or held up because of me being on probation. Also, what is the likelihood of being approved for travel while on Probation. I have alot of documentation from my job to prove the requirement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/20/2015
Criminal Lawyer: CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty replied 2 years ago
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you have complied with all the terms and conditions of your probation, have not picked up and new charges or violated and are up to date with your payments, then the Judge should consider this. After all, this is for business, not pleasure and if you can obtain documentation to show it is for your employment, along with when you will be leaving and returning and where you will be staying, it should really help your case. Moreover, you can stress to the court that your livelihood is at stake, since you may be terminated if you can not go on this trip. Here is also a link to apply, so you want to review it and see if this could disqualify you.
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english.html
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Thank you...I have an additional question...It is my understanding that a passport does not show criminal history...If this is true do you then answer no to a question on a customs for asking if you have been convicted of a crime? Do they find out dome other way?
You are very welcome. If you were convicted, you need to answer honestly and say Yes. The application needs to be filled out truthfully or else it can be denied. If they were not able to find out about the conviction, then there would be no basis to ask the question. It is issued by the government, so I am inclined to believe they will check. If there is nothing further, please remember to rate my help and best of luck.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!
CrimDefense
CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty