Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Any way to hold a psychologist accountable under

Customer Question

Any way to hold a psychologist accountable for lying under oath and contributing to sending me to jail on a probation revocation in 2000 in Missouri? xxxxxx
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Unfortunately, there are statutes of limitations which define how old a case can get before it is too old to be brought to court. In Missouri, you would have had 3 years to have him arrested for perjury and 5 years in which you could have sued him.
The statutes of limitations has run out and you cannot avail yourself of the courts at this time to seek justice for his having lied under oath. About the only thing you could do -- and after 15 years, I cannot say how much impact it would have -- would be to report him to his licensing board for his unethical behavior.
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you let this go too long.