Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

If I have a warrant in Oregon and I live in Alabama and I…

Customer Question
If I have a warrant...
If I have a warrant in Oregon and I live in Alabama and I turn my self in here in Alabama and Oregon don't want me can my dad get in trouble for giving me a house to live in xxxxxx
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/19/2015
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 3 years ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If you turn yourself in and Oregon is not interested in you then your father should not get in trouble for providing you with a place to live in Alabama. It is only if your father is intentionally helping you avoid law enforcement that he's committing a crime.
You can see the law in Alabama with regard to this here:
http://law.justia.com/codes/alabama/2006/13297/13a-10-42.html
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD