How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27435
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have a warrant in Oregon and I live in Alabama and I

Customer Question

If I have a warrant in Oregon and I live in Alabama and I turn my self in here in Alabama and Oregon don't want me can my dad get in trouble for giving me a house to live in xxxxxx
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If you turn yourself in and Oregon is not interested in you then your father should not get in trouble for providing you with a place to live in Alabama. It is only if your father is intentionally helping you avoid law enforcement that he's committing a crime.
You can see the law in Alabama with regard to this here: