Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I just moved to California bout a yr ago, my car stopped running

Customer Question

I just moved to California bout a yr ago, my car stopped running I had to burrow money from a relative he mailed me a package with the cash, but all I got was a postal inspector on my door step telling me to open the box, he told me he was seizing my package on money laundering suspensions and handed me a Unfilled out Sheet of paper from the San Franciso Postal investingtion services and left with money!!! I've never been in any kind of legal trouble how do I go bout getting my money back without any kind of proof he took it
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 2 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.

The form you received should tell you how to go about challenging the seizure of your money. Generally, you can do nothing, in which case you will lose the money, or you can ask for a hearing to show that the money was acquired lawfully from a lawful source and was going to be used for a lawful purpose. Usually the window of opportunity to challenge something like this is a small one, so you want to fill the form out quickly and then look for a lawyer.

What does the form tell you to do?