How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28005
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How i can get my speeding tkt to non moving violation.

Customer Question

hi,how i can get my speeding tkt to non moving violation. thanks jeff xxxxx.i stopped at intersection and made right turn it was mid night i drive 10 to 15 yards and police car came behind me and he passed me and race to other car in front of me and turned on his blue lights. i stopped way behind him because we were traveling together later on an other police car came and stopped behind me.police officer asked me why i stopped here i told him we traveling together.he says you stopped at wrong place then he told me other officer told him i was going 54 on 35.i told him after stop and making right turn with in few yards how i can go that fast.but he still give me the tkt and did not show on radar.i have a good driving record.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you want to try and get the speeding ticket amended to a non-moving violation, you can try and work out a plea deal, based upon your good driving record. However, that is at the discretion of the court and is not automatic or guaranteed. You can also see if there is any type of diversion program in place, for first time offenders, to even get the ticket dismissed. From a legal stand point, the officer is not required to show you the radar. You can however fight this and go to trial and cross examine the officer and inspect his documents prior to trial, to see if he has evidence and can support the speeding citation.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!